Happy Thanksgiving, team!
Believe it or not, you've already reached the end of the ambassador semester and fulfilled all of your fall duties! We want to thank you most recently for your help on the calling campaign (1,224 calls made!) and more generally for every overnight, tour, chapel, and one-on-one prospective interaction in-between. You've represented Messiah with pride and we couldn't be happier to have you all with us.
If you're able to join us to Hershey after break, we look forward to seeing you then! If not, keep an eye out for the final standings of the points race (the final day for contact cards will be December 4th), and most importantly, enjoy your short break and get ready to power through these last few weeks!
Monday, November 13, 2017
THREE VERY IMPORTANT THINGS:
- CALLING CAMPAIGN! On Wednesday and Thursday, Rachel needs far more help for this crucial event. Please sign up for as much as you can at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RVzm0c0lzLgZeHdlpS4J2kz69RfryatZ7L776eZtaB8/edit#gid=0.
- OVERNIGHTS THIS THURSDAY! We have an all-time record of 45, yes, 45, students coming on Thursday to stay overnight. Please sign up, and if you're already signed up, please consider adding a second; it doesn't take any more effort once you're already hosting :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K7oBu_NJytYy8VWRkZTGsfnG_Wos5HOxVtKkdcgfyKI/edit#gid=410502670
- As a reward for helping with the above two items, does free Hersheypark on December 2nd sound like something you could handle? Just let us know before the end of the week by RSVP'ing at http://whoozin.com/DGQ-F7H-PHJA.
Monday, November 6, 2017
9am, 9pm, all the same, right?
1. Next week is CALLING CAMPAIGN! For those new among you, we coordinate a massive calling effort this time each year to offer special promotions to prospective students encouraging them to apply. This is the most important admissions push of the year and we would greatly appreciate that you all help out at least one hour for your department; sign up here! Snacks and points included.
2. FALL OUTING this Sunday from 2pm-4pm! Join us at Kenedy’s house for snacks, s’mores, games and more! RSVP to the Whoozin page ASAP. Ridesharing information coming later in the week for anyone who needs.
3. There are still spots for two ambassadors to enjoy a weekend of paid hotels, travel, & food while promoting Messiah at a YOUTH CONFERENCE in Ocean City, MD from January 5th-7th. Contact Rachel for more details!
4. Tentatively mark your calendars for HERSHEYPARK on Saturday, December 2nd. Confirmation on that will hopefully be soon forthcoming.
I don’t have the chapel hosting list with me, but we’ll text the two of you individually to confirm. Thanks guys!
Monday, October 30, 2017
We hope everyone had a great homecoming weekend!
1. Open House was a great success! We welcomed 755 guests to campus and received rave feedback for your tours and interactions. Next up: SPOTLIGHT this Friday! We are still very much in need of tour guides. Please sign up here! Remember, this is for all of you, not just those in SOTA.
2. Speaking of Friday’s event, we also need one more male OVERNIGHT host for Thursday evening.
3. Emily has noticed a few disappearances from overnight lists over the past few event days. Remember, once you’re signed up to HOST a student, you can’t simply erase your name from the list to cancel that. Always be sure to contact Emily directly. Thanks!
4. Only one more week until our FALL OUTING! On Sunday, November, 12th, we’ll be meeting from 2:00pm-4:00pm at a to-be-determined off-campus location. Transportation will be provided if needed!
5. Want us to pay you for a weekend of travel, food, & hotels? Rachel is seeking two model ambassadors to represent Messiah at an upcoming YOUTH CONFERENCE in Ocean City, MD from January 5th-7th. Contact her for more details!
6. CHAPEL HOSTS are Shara Zimmerman tomorrow and Marissa Showalter (queen in our hearts) on Thursday.
Monday, October 23, 2017
1. This Saturday is OPEN HOUSE! Confirm your times here and keep an eye out for Kristin’s official scheduling email later in the week.
2. Just to make your lives difficult, please note that Spotlight TOUR TIMES throughout November have been standardized and slightly changed. We didn’t want to just assume that you would be able to make those adjustments, so please feel free to sign up again in the other tabs of that same spreadsheet. For real this time.
3. Where there are visit days you know there will be … OVERNIGHTS! There is currently one female slot still open for this Friday night. First come first serve!
4. Don’t forget about those little scampers descending on campus all week. We still need few random timeslots filled for ELEMENTARY TOURS, especially Thursday at 12:40pm. Sign up here for some good karma and even better points.
5. Our FALL ACTIVITY is sneaking up sooner than later. Keep your evening clear for November 12th and we’ll have more details on location forthcoming. You’ll also want to make sure your December 2nd is open for some chocolate and roller coasters in our WINTER ACTIVITY…just saying.
6. CHAPEL HOSTS are Kristen Hasse on Tuesday and Josiah Harmes on Thursday.
It’s a lot, but hopefully more exciting than overwhelming. Have a great week!